APSWAN – AP State Wide Area Network
(i) AP State Wide Area Net Work (AP SWAN) is under implementation connecting State Head Quarters (SHQ) with 23 District Head Quarters (DHQs)and DHQs to respective 1088 Mandal (Revenue Unit) Head Quarters (MHQs) is backbone for all Government applications of voice, data and video services. 5690 Government offices spread across AP State are connected to APSWAN. (ii) To enable broad band penetration to rural areas of the State by using USO funding(DOT).
1.Citizen Service Centres(CSCs)
Government of India has formulated a National e-Governance Plan with the vision of providing all Government Services in an integrated manner at the doorstep of the citizen, at an affordable cost. One of the models for delivery of “Web-enabled Anytime, Anywhere access” to information and services in rural India under the project Common Services Centers (CSCs). 4,687 ICT enabled centers in the rural areas covering all the Districts will be created. The target fixed for the year 2015 is 10,000 CSCs
- AP State Date Centre
A communication network based initiative useful for all Government departments to have secure data storage through a state-of-the-art Data centre. Provides 50 TB storage space expandable to 500 TB where all Govt. departments’ data, application servers, web servers, and mail servers can be resided.
- Encourage developing software in Telugu so that citizen services can be offered in Telugu.
- Allotment of e-Governance projects to Andhra Pradesh based SMEs:
Up to Rs.250 lakhs basing on empanelment and fulfillment of eligibility criteria and for more than Rs.250 lakhs worth project, the tender document should have clause stating that minimum 10% of the contract value shall be outsourced to non related (not having any equity in the SME) SMEs by the prime bidder.
- State Network Centre (SNC) at Secretariat is connected to 23 District Network Centres (DNCs) at respective District Collectorates with 8 Mbps Bandwidth.
- 1088 Mandal Network Centres (MNCs) are connected to the respective District Headquarters with 2 Mbps Bandwidth each.
- M/s TCS is the service provider.
- M/s. E&Y has been appointed as TPA and Consultants to the project are M/s. TCIL .APTS is designated agency