IT PROMOTION INITIATIVES IN THE SUNRISE STATE OF ANDHRA PRADESH (AS ON 25-08-2014) IT SCENARIO IN ANDHRA PRADESH
- In combined State of Andhra Pradesh, the share of IT Turnover or employment cration in Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Vijayawada, Tirupati is marginal. For the year 2012-13, Total combined AP exports were Rs. 51285 crores and all India IT exports were Rs. 4,10,836 Cr, where as the exports from these locations were only about Rs.1628.73 crores (constituting about 0.4% of IT exports from India. Similarly, for the year 2012-13, while the IT employment in combined state was 3,24,850, in Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Kakinada put together was only 22644.
- Consequent on the reorganisation of the State it is imperative to revisit the existing policy Initiatives and make them more attractive to suit the current and future requirements of the new State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Soon after assuming office of the new residual state of AP, Honourable Chief Minister approved the Blue Print on 17-06-2014 IT “Reimagining on Andhra Pradesh” with visiton “
“To develop Andhra Pradesh as a knowledge society of global repute, with a focus on enhancing the quality of life of its citizens, through high-quality education and healthcare, increased productivity in agriculture and allied activities, creation of requisite employment potential by promoting electronics and IT industries, and above all, by providing good governance.”
The targets of Blue Print Document are to achieve by 2020:–
o IT: USD 2 bn (Rs.12000 crores)
o Electronics: USD 5 bn (Rs.30000 crores)
- 5% share in national exports of Software
o IT: 0.5 mil(5 lakhs)
o Electronics: 0.4 million (4 lakhs)
- 100 Incubators & Accelerators
- Incubation of 5,000 Companies & Start Ups
- Venture Capital of Rs 1000 cr to be mobilized for Innovation
- To create one Entrepreneur from eachfamily
- To make one person e-literate in every house hold.
- To be FIRST in India in Quality & Quantity of e-Services
- To be known as the Silicon Corridor of India
The New IT Policy 2014-2020 hinges on four pillars – Human Capital, Infrastracture, Incentives and Good Governance
- Towards this direction, in the new IT Policy 2014-2020. it is proposed 10 mega IT Hubs, Two ITIRs(Visakhapatnam, Tirupati & Anantapur), 20 Electronic Manufacturing Clusters, Hardware Park at Kakinada, IT Lay Outs/clusters in every district headquarters. Physical infrastructure such as provision of electricity, water, roads are provided to the door step of these IT Lay Outs/EMCs to enable IT and Electronic companies to come and start operations.
- Effective Single-Window System: A highly empowered ‘Single Window Clearance Unit’ is shall be created and operationalized for granting approvals & clearances. It would be supported by state-of-the-art centralized help desk on 24×7 basis duly leveraging the e-Biz portal set up by GoI. The objective of this window would be to (a) reduce time to set up business and (b) reduce cost of doing business.
- Time-bound approvals: Approvals are granted within 4 weeks of receipt of an application in full-shape. Otherwise, the approval shall be deemed to have been given
- IALA Status to all the IT Industrial Areas/IT Lay Outs/Zones/Corridors, including Electronic Manufacturing Clusters (EMCs) and ITIR delineated processing areas
An empowered Mission for Electronics & IT Promotion would be established to give a fillip to the development of the sector and take faster and agile decisions.