e-Pragati, the AP State Enterprise Architecture
Andhra Pradesh has always been at the forefront of implementing e-Governance, having pioneered popular projects like CARD, eSeva, Mee Seva, e-Procurement. To take the evolution of e-Governance to the next level, it is felt essential to have a AP State Enterprise Architecture (APSEA) for providing better services to citizens and businesses. e-Pragati is a framework to provide integrated services to citizens through a free flow of information, and to usher in an era of good governance, characterized by efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, and foresight. e-Pragati is a large Program, with a long term vision for creating a sustainable eco-system of e-Governance, attempted on a scale like this by very few Governments in the world like Korea, Estonia and Singapore. The Vision of e-Pragati is stated below:
“e-Pragati is a new paradigm in governance based on a Whole-of-Government framework, transcending the departmental boundaries. It adopts a Mission-centric approach in its design and implementation and seeks to realize the Vision of Sunrise AP 2022, by delivering citizen-centric services in a coordinated, integrated efficient and equitable manner.”
e-Pragati is a massive program covering 33 departments and 315 agencies and around 745 services have been identified so far. The services have been grouped into 72 projects (45 greenfield and 27 brownfield) and bundled into 14 packages for ease of procurement and implementation. This is the largest e-Governance program approved by any State with a total outlay of Rs.2398 Crores, out of which the Government Capex would be to the extent of Rs. 1528 Crores. The program is scheduled to be implemented / rolled out within a span of (2) years. e-Pragati vision document has been released by Hon’ble CM on Oct 9th 2015.The RFPs for (14) packages are planned to be issued by Feb’2016.
* e-Pragati to be a catalyst for enhancing the effectiveness of implementing various developmental projects and welfare schemes undertaken by the government
* Planning and monitoring of public sector schemes and projects to take advantage of GIS and satellite imaging technologies
* e-Pragati to be an effective tool in realizing the vision of Sunrise Andhra Pradesh
* e-Pragati to be rated among the best in the world and help Andhra Pradesh achieve top rank in global e-governance development index.
* Andhra Pradesh to focus on quality of life of its citizens with a special emphasis on quality of education, healthcare, skill development, agriculture, infrastructure, and services
* Citizens and businesses to have a seamless and smooth interface with government
* Departments and government agencies to interoperate with ease and provide integrated services to citizens and businesses
* Medium of paper to be minimized in all G2C, C2G, G2B, B2G, and G2G interactions
* Digital divide to be adequately addressed, especially leveraging the mobile technologies
* e-Pragati to enhance realization of participative and inclusive governance
* Citizen engagement to be accomplished with ease and cost effectiveness
* Government and citizens to be enables to take advantage of cutting-edge technologies like SMAC and emerging technologies
* Principles of open data, open standards and open APIs to be ingrained in all information system development
* e-Pragati to ensure the right balance between information security and privacy of personal data
Implementation phases of e-Pragati
a) For more information on e-Pragati, please refer to the link http://e-pragati.ap.gov.in/
b) For details on e-Pragati package RFPs and bidding.